Monday, March 31, 2014
I said yes to the dress!
Last Thursday my mom and I went wedding dress shopping. I did it on a Thursday night to avoid crowds and if I didn't find anything we would have Saturday to make more appointments. She brought a batch of dresses over and out of those dresses I only wanted to try one on. I didn't think the other dresses were what I was looking for. I didn't like the first one so she brought over a few others. One was ok but not what I was looking for. So she went to get more. She took a while (not that long) so I started trying on the dresses from the first group that I wouldn't even try on and viola one was perfect. It's exactly what I pictured in my head. I knew right away it was the one I wanted. It fit perfect. I didn't need any alterations and was able to bring it home the same day. Its in a dress bag hanging in my closet.
Now I just need to get a veil, jewelry and shoes. Siigh. It's all coming together, slowly. I finished all the paperwork to sent to our wedding coordinator with our final selections. We opted to not have flowers decorating the chapel. Its a short ceremony (like 10 minutes) and the chapel is really decorated already. We will be carrying flowers but that was all I found necessary. We didn't want the unity candle either. We will not do anything with it after the day.Its nice that the only things I need to worry about now are the fun stuff.
My mom's visit was nice. We were able to go shopping together. Its crazy how much I have missed something so simple. She also got to spend more time with Tom which is really important to me. When I see people from Ohio (even family) it shows me how much I have changed. Its not a bad thing there is just a certain independence that comes from not living near family. I haven't lived near my family in almost 4.5 years. That's a crazy thought all in itself.
Tom is leaving Saturday. I agree Ash, I should be going with! I just can't get the time off work and still be able to make it to the wedding. Next time :)
UTD has a super diverse student body. International week is turning out to be awesome. They took over the activity center with tables representing different countries. They all had food and/or drinks representing their country. It was really cool. America was giving away grilled cheese and potato chips. Ha! Really though, there is a lot to be said for diversity. Excited to see what the rest of the week holds.
I'm getting married in 48 days!
Now I just need to get a veil, jewelry and shoes. Siigh. It's all coming together, slowly. I finished all the paperwork to sent to our wedding coordinator with our final selections. We opted to not have flowers decorating the chapel. Its a short ceremony (like 10 minutes) and the chapel is really decorated already. We will be carrying flowers but that was all I found necessary. We didn't want the unity candle either. We will not do anything with it after the day.Its nice that the only things I need to worry about now are the fun stuff.
My mom's visit was nice. We were able to go shopping together. Its crazy how much I have missed something so simple. She also got to spend more time with Tom which is really important to me. When I see people from Ohio (even family) it shows me how much I have changed. Its not a bad thing there is just a certain independence that comes from not living near family. I haven't lived near my family in almost 4.5 years. That's a crazy thought all in itself.
Tom is leaving Saturday. I agree Ash, I should be going with! I just can't get the time off work and still be able to make it to the wedding. Next time :)
UTD has a super diverse student body. International week is turning out to be awesome. They took over the activity center with tables representing different countries. They all had food and/or drinks representing their country. It was really cool. America was giving away grilled cheese and potato chips. Ha! Really though, there is a lot to be said for diversity. Excited to see what the rest of the week holds.
I'm getting married in 48 days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment