Monday, February 24, 2014

Moving to the burbs!

I was told I needed to update (Shout out to Ashley!)

It's been really busy. We spent all last week packing and then the entire weekend moving everything into our new apartment. Let me just say that I love it. LOVE it. I have spent the past 6 months living in a bachelor pad. This is SO much better. We put Tom's MANY records into the guest room. Come visit, you can stare at them while you sleep. We put Tom's black pleather couch and red reclining chair into the loft. It has officially become his man cave. The living room has a pretty blue wall that goes great with my yellow couches. The master bedroom and bathroom are purple with splashes of pink. Have I mentioned how much I love that my fiances favorite color is purple??

This is by far the nicest apartment I have ever lived in. Loving having two bathrooms and an additional loft. Just wonderful. Unpacking isn't so much fun but it will all come together. The commute is a lot shorter and doesn't involve the highway. I'm just so happy! Hermione loves it too!

We also have friends that live/work in the area so I feel like we are going to be more social in our new home. People already want to come over. It's strange. I hated Texas the first few months I was here. HATED it. I cried frequently and just wanted to go home to Colorado. Slowly but surely Texas is becoming home. I still miss Denver all the time but I'm glad to be settling in. We are here right now and I want to make the most of it.

Tom's aunt passed away on Thursday. She has been battling cancer since this past summer but it is still heartbreaking. Too much death recently. It's a lot to take in. The only peace I am finding with the passing of my uncle is that is brought Kasi and I back together. We are talking and reconnecting after 5 years. I could not be happier about that.I just wish there was more I could do to help Tom through this. Words don't really help.

In addition to moving and Tom's aunt passing we are still putting together a wedding. Come May we are going to need the longest nap ever. We wanted to go to Denver for St. Patrick's day but the thought of planning another trip makes us want to cry. Maybe not cry but it is just too over whelming to be dealing with right now.

The diet is going well. It is not fun but I have lost 13 pounds since 1/22/14....not too bad for one month. Cannot wait to eat a ton of Italian food at the wedding. Three cheers for getting married in 82 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment