Saturday, February 1, 2014
Frozen
Planning a wedding shows you who your friends are. Or something like that.
It's funny, right? When people you once were so close with just aren't there anymore. I had a phone call with a friend yesterday that lasted a total of maybe 4 minutes. It was small talk and then discussion moved to when we're getting married (to other people, obviously). I told him my plans and the call ended right after that with a "I'll call you back in a few". I hung up and realized that wasn't happening. Our relationship had run its long, often dramatic course. When we first stopped talking it was really hard for me. I felt like he was still supposed to be there. This time I don't have that feeling. We don't fit into each others lives right now. And you know what? That's okay. It's good. Who knows what the future holds but for now separate ways is the right way.
Is it just me or do others cling to friendships that really aren't healthy anymore? I've probably been over-thinking this due to planning our wedding, cutting down a guest list and debating if I want bridesmaids or not (leaning towards no). No way. I will forever be grateful for everyone and what they have done for me but it's okay to move. If the friendship is frustrating or you are just on completely different pages or haven't seen each other in years its okay . I guess this long paragraph is my way of saying it's ok if we are different now. Be you, don't cling to the version of you I met. I'll try not to judge and wish you nothing but the best.
Disclaimer: I have some great friends I've known for years and its great. Some friendships are meant for the long haul. Some aren't. Know when to say when guys!
Rant over.
Dallas was a breezy 75* yesterday. I didn't hate it like I typically do.
Go run and see Frozen. It's adorable. I loved it completely. I will be buying the DVD.
It's funny, right? When people you once were so close with just aren't there anymore. I had a phone call with a friend yesterday that lasted a total of maybe 4 minutes. It was small talk and then discussion moved to when we're getting married (to other people, obviously). I told him my plans and the call ended right after that with a "I'll call you back in a few". I hung up and realized that wasn't happening. Our relationship had run its long, often dramatic course. When we first stopped talking it was really hard for me. I felt like he was still supposed to be there. This time I don't have that feeling. We don't fit into each others lives right now. And you know what? That's okay. It's good. Who knows what the future holds but for now separate ways is the right way.
Is it just me or do others cling to friendships that really aren't healthy anymore? I've probably been over-thinking this due to planning our wedding, cutting down a guest list and debating if I want bridesmaids or not (leaning towards no). No way. I will forever be grateful for everyone and what they have done for me but it's okay to move. If the friendship is frustrating or you are just on completely different pages or haven't seen each other in years its okay . I guess this long paragraph is my way of saying it's ok if we are different now. Be you, don't cling to the version of you I met. I'll try not to judge and wish you nothing but the best.
Disclaimer: I have some great friends I've known for years and its great. Some friendships are meant for the long haul. Some aren't. Know when to say when guys!
Rant over.
Dallas was a breezy 75* yesterday. I didn't hate it like I typically do.
Go run and see Frozen. It's adorable. I loved it completely. I will be buying the DVD.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So excited to hear about your perfect little wedding Mandy! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous :) you deserve all this happiness and I can't wait to see photos!
ReplyDelete