I went to Indiana and saw Cindy! Ahh! I miss my best friend. It was beyond great to see her and meet Bryan (finally). Bloomington is adorable. I understand why she fell in love with it. From there it was time for Jess's wedding weekend! It was completely Jess in every possible way, it was a great day. Congrats Jess and Adam. I wish you two a lifetime of happiness. *It wasn't a dress it was a sparkle sensation :)

This was my first time experiencing a midwest summer in 3 years. I was worried I would hate everything about it, but it was a breath of fresh air. Maybe it was the timing of the trip. It had not rained in Colorado in forever and if you have turned on the news I'm sure you know the state is on fire. Jame's mom lost her house and Carly's parents had to evacuate. Almost 350 homes lost and that is just from the fire in Colorado Springs, not the 11 others in the state. Mix the dryness with 100 degree hear EVERYDAY and you get the picture. The mid west was just what I needed. IT WAS SO GREEN. Sigh, I couldn't get past the color. After living here for 3 summers I am used to brown grass and dry heat. I remember last summer I found green grass and made Brad stop and let me walk barefoot through it. I haven't done that in forever. Being in the mid west made me want to do that more than ever. This trip was good for me. It showed that I could live East again. I'm not saying I'm going to, but near DC may be an option someday...I'm open to it. I have not been open to it until now. Not the mid west though. Don't get me wrong it's great with a lot to offer. I'm glad I grew up there and it will always have a piece of my heart, but it's just not me.
Today was a half day at work. They left us all going to Wash park (the exact spot NAU had their picnic. The irony is not lost on me). It was a chill afternoon. I wore tons of sunscreen so I didn't fry like I did at the last work picnic AU had.
And the final quote of the weekend:
"I'm sorry I drank too much wine, rolled down a hill and fell asleep at the wedding"
This came after she had a genius idea to lay on a hill looking at starts. Too bad she fell down the hill. Silly girl.
Have I mentioned I graduate September 17th? AND Ellie is coming in September? How does it get better than that! You know...aside from graduating sooner.

Yay!! I can't wait :D
ReplyDelete