I also just need comfort. The world shifted on Friday. A 20 year old boy shot and killed 26 people in an elementary school. 20 of those people were 1st graders. I can't wrap my mind around this. The president is speaking right no and you can hear the crying in the audience. Heck, I'm crying. Evil took over on Friday and my heart is breaking for those children and their families. The school did everything right. They had lock down drills. The building was locked and he still broke in. I criticize Columbine for their lack of security, but this school HAD the security. Who is there to blame? I have no words...I hope that love will overcome evei and that as humans we will overcome this and never let anything like this happen to our children again.

I'm so blessed to have good friends that fly to Denver to visit me. Cindy as here this weekend. It was great to see her and just spend time with her. We packed in a lot and had some quality girl time. Much needed :) LOVE YOU CINDY LOU BOO!!
We were able to go to The Contemporary Museum of Art (don't go there), Golden for the Coors tour, shopping, lots of delicious food such as dBar and she was able to watch the Broncos at Stoney's. The Broncos won too--YAY!
This weekend has shown me how far I have come since moving to Denver. It is still weird to me to watch my two worlds collide. I like to keep my favorite parts from my past, but I'm so grateful my life is what it is today. Sure, my friends are crazy. I have an insane cat that manages to fall into the shower and sometimes it would be nice to be further along with my life. I just have to stop and appreciate this step in the process. Most days things are pretty great :)
"sometimes she likes to sit in the bathroom while you shower" shout out to H.
ReplyDelete