Thursday, October 4, 2012

I'm thinking it over anyway

I sometimes miss the confident 17 year old I used to be. She had it way more together than 26 (almost) year old me does.  Maybe she didn't, but the expectations were not set so high. At 17 you aren't supposed to have it all figured out. That is your opportunity to date all the wrong guys, and not worry about your future. Boyfriends weren't going to turn into husbands. I did all of that. I just missed the memo when it was time to grow up. Suddenly my refridgorator is covered in wedding invitations and baby announcements. Seriously, I don't feel old enough to be married...let alone have kids. I know that's silly. I have good friends married. It's great for them, but I still struggle to wrap my head around it. When I have these thoughts I have to remember I cannot be the only one thinking these thoughts at 26. He's not married either. 

They had taught me something after all--not about figuring out how to wait, of course. But about living, fully, even while you're waiting for whatever it is you think you want.

1 comment: