Monday, March 23, 2015

Europe

We've been home for a couple of weeks but we are still trying to get back into the swing of things. I still feel tired all the time.

Europe was amazing. I have never been in a situation where I was the one with the accent. The trip forever changed me--in such a good way. To put it simply, I loved it.

Ireland-This was our first and last stop on the trip. One the first day we were completely exhausted so we checked into the hotel at 9:00am then woke up and explored a bit of Dublin. We went to dinner at a microbrewery. The next day we were on our way to Edinburgh.

Scotland-Scotland is beautiful. The city of Edinburgh is just lovely. We explored the city a bit and I experienced my first grocery store. They are different and I was a bit overwhelmed. The second day we went to the Edinburgh castle. It's on a hill that overlooks the entire city. We then headed over to the Whiskey Experience which we loved. They do tasting based on preferences and we found ourselves talking to the bartender who recommended a great Indian restraunt for dinner. The next day we hopped on a tour to Lock Ness. It was a reallly long bus ride but we were able to tour a whiskey distillery on the way and I feel like we were able to see all of Scotland. Once in Lock Ness, we took a cruise on the lock. How many people can say that they have done that? It was really great. Sadly, we had to leave Scotland the next day to jump on the train to LONDON.

England- If you know me you know I have had an obsession with London for as long as I can remember. There is something about the phone booths and everything else that calls out to me. I was sure I couldn't like London as much as I already loved it in my head. If that makes sense. Well, I was wrong. I loved it more than I thought I could ever love it. It was so great. It is beautiful and there are winding streets everywhere that open up to more restaurants and more shops. We spent a lot of time just walking around and exploring. I loved the Palace and all the sites I've only dreamed of seeing. We caught up with my friend Tom from Denver for lunch  and John showed us around most of London. I feel like I saw everything and nothing at the same time. I could write a book on everything I saw and my thoughts about it but I won't bore you with all the details---even though I want to.

SO now I'm just getting back into the swing of things. Slowly but surely.

More to come later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment